Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Swivel

The worse thing one can find in a living room is a built-in designed to fit a giant TV and nonsensical items such as crystal rock collections, liquor bottles, crockery or travel knick-knacks. There is really no excuse for these monstrosities now that we have flat-screen TVs, which, as the name suggests, should lie flat against the wall with minimal fuss and embellishment.

While having my new 37" installed recently, I made a fairly useful discovery that no TV salesman ever proposed. Rather than the usual straight bracket, the installer suggested a swivelling bracket which gave me the option of placing the sofa at right angles to the TV. My living room space is much larger now and I can still watch and lounge comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment