Sunday, January 17, 2010

Changing Rooms, Part VI - Study

Before:
I wanted a lot of shelf space for my books so I made one of the rooms into a book room. I brightened the room with a sunshine yellow feature wall and removed the blinds. Another wall is lined with Ikea Billy bookcases. I didn't use the backing that came with the bookcases because I wanted a contrast between the grey of the bookcases and white wall at the back. To add stability, I had the bookcases anchored to the wall and to each other.



After:



The next item to include would have been a long table against the yellow wall. There was minimal work done here. Other than stripping the parquet and the yellow wall, I also had the skirting painted white to accentuate the feature wall and increase the height of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment